Wednesday, May 27, 2015

stitched collage

hi
I am very excited to share my stitched collage today made on linnieblooms stitched mini journal.
The little girl in the pic is me. may be 3 years old. My mom told me that Iwas rattling some poem in this pic. I love the way i am dressed here with proper shoes and lovely frock that my mom stitched.
Some closeups
 

 

Process
1 I started with linnieblooms mini-mixed-stitch-book  then applied a layer of Decoart Decoupage medium and then applied cheese cloth on it.and then again coated it with Decoupage medium

2  Then applied a layer of Prima time collection papers with decoupage medium.
Sorry no pics any more , I simply got carried away.

3 then added some tim holtz time traveller ephemera . and few mesh pieces from Linnie blooms here and there for more layers.
4 then stitched the collage at various corners to add layers.
Finlly added soem threads and paint .

Challenges
mixedmediaworld- vintage challenge
alteredeclectics
rheddscreativespirit.
anythingbutacard- art journal challenge- its the first time ever i have made a journal .
frosteddesigns.-string-art- i have used lots of string to give dimensions and also stitched and open he stitches to increase the shabbiness of the project

Hope you will like it.

No comments: